New Orleans REP will offer several programs geared toward empowering youth in our city.
At this time, our two initial goals are to have a Coastal Education Field Trip program in place by July of 2016, and an after school tutoring program in place by September of 2016, shortly after the start of the school year. As our organization expands, we would like to offer the following programs:
- Get Involved!
- A civics program for youth: Learn about what’s happening in our city, state, and national government … And how YOU can make an impact.
- Art Therapy Classes
- Aimed at those who have experienced loss: Studies have shown that young people exposed to violence or loss can benefit from art therapy. We hope to offer classes on a bi-weekly basis.
- A division of Community Connections: New Orleans REP will work with neighborhood organizations to establish and expand youth sports programs in our communities.
- Shout it Out!
- Performances by youth, for youth: A wide array of demonstrations are welcomed. There will also be an art gallery surrounding these events. We hope to offer these events on a monthly basis.
- Job Skills
- A division of Community Connections: New Orleans REP will work with neighborhood organizations to establish and expand job skills programs.
- Oral History Project
- Documenting history: Participants will interview relatives and community members, in the process learning about their history, while learning how to use media equipment and programs
New Orleans REP will expand this list as we grow as an organization. We’d like to hear from you about the services and programs you’d like to see in your neighborhood. We’re also interested in learning about programs already offered in your area so that we might improve upon those using our Community Connections Model. To learn more about our Community Connections Model, click here. To submit an idea for services and programs, or to notify us of an existing program in your neighborhood, please fill out the form below, or call us at (504) 555-5555. Thank you!